DATES FOR YOUR DIARY: THERE’S A LOT COMING UP!
- Tennis, beer and pizza club session, open to all, to mark summer solstice, from 6pm Thursday 20 June.
- Inter-sports Rounders Tournament, bbq and bar, Fishbourne Playing Fields, from 6pm Friday 21 June. If you want to join the FTC team (nine players needed) email email@example.com
- FTC volunteer working party to smarten up the place, from 6pm Tuesday 25 June. ALL members invited to help with light duties in the clubhouse or the grounds (weeding/tidying/rubbish disposal etc). Just for an hour or so is fine, bring gloves and gardening/cleaning equipment! Complimentary hot and cold drinks and biscuits.
- FPFA Field committee meeting, Blue Room, 7pm Wednesday 26 June 10.
- FTC Summer Open Day and Bring-A-Friend Day, 9-1pm Saturday 29 June, club session as normal BUT open to the public and all FTC members will be expected to act as ambassadors for the club. Why not bring a neighbour, relative or friend for a friendly hit?
- “Tennis Injuries and How to Avoid Them” talk (and possibly massage!) with sports physio Lindy Griffiths, Blue Room, Fishbourne Centre, 7pm Wednesday 3 July. FREE talk and demo for first 20 members to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FTC committee meeting 6pm Monday 22 July, clubhouse. Observers welcome
- Annual friendly against Southsea Tennis Club, home match followed by lunch 9.30am Sunday 28 July, contact Luke@mcewen.co.u
- ABBA themed DJ night, FREE entry, Fishbourne Centre hall, 8-11.30pm Friday, 30 August. ABBA dress optional
- FTC Championships Finals Day, Saturday 7 September
- Fishbourne vs Southsea annual friendly final, at Southsea, Sunday 29 September, contact Luke@mcewen.co.uk
COACHING WITH GENERATION TENNIS
- Adult rusty rackets Tuesdays from 7-8pm and Wednesdays from 9-10am
- Cardio Tennis fitness class for men and women, Tuesday 9-10am
Important: always ensure you check with Alex first regarding availability, timing, costs etc: email@example.com
FOOD AND DRINK AT THE FISHBOURNE CENTRE THIS SUMMER
Fishbourne Centre bar summer opening times: from 5.30pm Monday to Friday, from 12.00 Saturday and Sunday
Food at the Fishbourne Centre: Every Friday Fish & Chips (eat in or take away) 5.30-8pm Every Saturday, £6.50 All Day Breakfast, Seafood Platter or Fishbourne Burger Stack & fries (menu examples) 12.00-3.30pm. Every Sunday home-cooked roast lunch £9 12.30-4.30pm. Vegetarian options always available.
FTC ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fishbournetennisclub There are now 91 followers for the club’s Instagram page, which has pictures, videos and messages from members about FTC life, everything from Chris Gosden retiling the kitchen to the club’s trophy presentation last year. Everyone can be part of it. Just click on the link and press follow.
Website: all the club’s latest news and pictures, including this and all previous newsletters, plus the championship roll of honour, FTC heritage photo gallery, membership application forms, and a link to court booking for both members and non members is all available at: www.fishbournetennisclub.org.uk
Whatsapp: there are now several FTC whatsapp groups including one for younger members (not recommended for those of a nervous disposition) and one, Club Tennis Sessions, where members can find out who will be at club sessions. To join, text group administrator Simon Fallon on 07973 315847
Facebook: FTC page (fishbournetennis) is sad and out of date. Volunteer needed to spruce things up…