It’s the club’s biggest day of the year and the countdown is now well and truly under way, with just a week and a bit to go to when the Fishbourne Championships for 2016 are decided. Remember it all kicks off on Saturday 3 September with the first match at 12.00, after the Saturday morning club session as normal.
But if you are not playing in one of the finals, why bother to go? Here are SEVEN reasons:
1. There will be some great tennis from your favourite players. Come along and cheer them on! This year it’s really open.
2. The famous Fishbourne barbecue!
3. Refreshments available all afternoon, and at very reasonable prices.
4. Under cover spectator seating.
5. Official unveiling of the Ronnie Ray Memorial Bench.
6. Giant prize-giving ceremony and handing out of the cups for 2016!
7. Full bar facilities available in the Fishbourne Centre all afternoon.
So, have a game in the morning and then settle back and watch the action with friends and family. Or, just pop in during the afternoon for a drink and bite to eat and watch a game or two – all are welcome, and there’s no need to book!
Finals Day helpers still needed
Can you be a line judge? Man a tea urn? Provide a cake? Help put up the bunting and the marquee? If so we want to hear from you! It’s not onerous, honest, and you will be supporting your club, so if you are able to help in any way at all please send a return email to the club with your name, phone number, and what it is you can do. Thanks!
Fishbourne Championship matches
As in previous years, it has been decided that remaining quarter and semi-final matches in the Fishbourne Championships 2016 can now be played at any club session. PLEASE ensure all matches are now completed as quickly as possible.
Meanwhile, here are some images from last year: